Bellin Run Road Closures Begin Friday
June 6, 2018
Alternate Routes, Race-Day Shuttle Service Help Ease Traffic Concerns
There are a number of road closures planned in conjunction with the 42nd annual Bellin Run on Saturday, June 9.
On Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9, a number of roads near Bellin Hospital will be closed to traffic and alternate routes must be taken.
Road closures for Friday, June 8, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. are as follows:
• Clay Street: from Porlier Street to Eliza Street
• Porlier Street: from Clay Street to Roosevelt Street
• Eliza Street: from Clay Street to Roosevelt Street
• Roosevelt Street: from Porlier Street to Eliza Street
Road closures for Saturday, June 9, start at 4 a.m. They are:
• 4-9 a.m.: East Mason Street (eastbound) from Webster Avenue to Clay Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Clay Street from East Mason Street to Eliza Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Porlier Street from Webster Avenue to Roosevelt Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Eliza Street from Webster Avenue to Roosevelt Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Webster Avenue from East Mason Street to Porlier Street
• 7:45-10 a.m.: Webster Avenue from Porlier Street to Greene Avenue
• 8-9:45 a.m.: Greene Avenue from Webster Avenue to East River Drive
• 8-10:15 a.m.: East River Drive from Greene Avenue to St. Joseph Street
• 8-10:15 a.m.: St. Joseph Street from East River Drive to Libal Street
• 8-10:30 a.m.: Libal Street and Baird Street from St. Joseph Street to Garland Street
• 8-10:30 a.m.: Garland Street from Baird Street to Irwin Avenue
• 8-10:30 a.m.: Irwin Avenue from Garland Street to Hastings Street
• 8-10:45 a.m.: Hastings Street from Baird Street to S. Clay Street
• 8-11 a.m.: S. Clay Street from Hastings Street to Eliza Street
Patients needing to access Bellin Hospital are encouraged to be mindful of these recommended detours:
From the west on Mason Street: Take the Monroe Street/Downtown exit, turn right on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to access the emergency rooms.
From the east on Mason Street: Take the Monroe Street/Downtown exit, turn left on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to access the emergency rooms.
From the north on Webster Avenue: Turn right on Chicago Street, left on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to access the emergency rooms.
From the south: Go north on Riverside Drive/Hwy. 57/Monroe, then turn right on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to access the emergency rooms.
Emergency room access to both Bellin and St. Vincent hospitals will not be hindered during the road race and related events.
Race-Day Shuttle Service
A Bellin Run shuttle service will be available to race-day participants and spectators, helping ease parking concerns and congestion.
Buses will load participants at two locations in downtown Green Bay:
• Main Street (south side, 400 block), across from the Hyatt Regency Green Bay
• N. Madison Street (east side, 600 block), south of WPS parking lots
Shuttles will pick up runners at both locations from 6:30-7:20 a.m. Return shuttles will depart from the east end of Astor Park on S. Roosevelt St., running steadily from 9 a.m.-noon. Additional information is available at http://www.bellinrun.com/information/parking-and-shuttles.
The 42nd annual Bellin Run will take place at 8 a.m. Saturday, June 9. For more information or to register, visit bellinrun.com. Follow the Bellin Run on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Posted in: | 1 Comments