Titletown Wellness Race Series 2020 State of Wisconsin Challenge
Titletown Wellness is an exclusive partnership formed by the Green Bay Packers and Bellin Health in 2012 to identify and implement initiatives that improve the health and wellness of people in this region. Both organizations are working together to develop events and programs to positively impact the health of our community. In 2013 the Titletown Wellness Race Series was born as a way to build on the positive impact the Bellin Run provides to our community as motivation to get active, inspiring runners and walkers to continue throughout the summer and fall with the habits they acquired in their training for the Bellin Run.
With the continuing transition of events in our race series to virtual events, we need to adapt our format to continue to provide the motivation to maintain physical fitness at a time when it is more important than ever. This format will remove the overall and age group awards, and will be based on overall mileage, walking or running, from June to November. The challenge would revolve around logging your mileage to cross the great state of Wisconsin from Kewaunee to Hudson - 260 miles across. Here’s how it works:
- Participants must register for and complete at least one event in the Titletown Wellness Race Series. These events include: Bellin Run, Packers 5K, Shanty Days (if held), City Stadium Run, Bellin Women’s Half Marathon, Run for the Hill of It and Festival Foods Turkey Trot. Participation can include virtual events, but participants must follow the event’s protocol for submission of results, etc.
- The distance challenge is based on the width of Wisconsin, which is approximately 260 miles.
- Participants will register for the challenge through RunSignup.
- Participants would track and log miles run or walked on RunSignup from June 6 to November 26 (start of Virtual Bellin Run through Festival Foods Turkey Trot), which is approximately 28 weeks
- Finisher medals will be presented for:
520 miles (Wisconsin X 2) – 18 miles/week
780 miles (Wisconsin X 3) – 28 miles/week
1,040 miles (Wisconsin X 4) – 37 miles/week
Our goal with the Titletown Wellness Race Series has always been about participation and continued training for events from June through November. These events and training keep people motivated and living a healthy life. We feel that this year’s challenge is a great way to keep active or to get active and still have a goal to shoot for that doesn’t depend on race participation. Click here to sign up today! Best of luck, have fun and please share with your friends and family.
For your information, the Titletown Wellness Race Series normally includes the following events. Some are proceeding with registration, some are offering virtual options, and others you’ll want to keep in mind for next year.
June 6-21, 2020
Virtual Bellin Run
Packers 5K Run
August 15, 2020
Shanty Days 5K Run/Walk (in Algoma, Wis.) – 2020 event canceled
September 12, 2020
City Stadium Run 5K
October 10, 2020
Bellin Women's Half Marathon & 5K
October 17, 2020
Run For the Hill of It 5K Trail Run/Walk
November 26, 2020
Festival Foods Turkey Trot