Bellin Run Cancels Shuttle Service, Updates Road Closures for 2022
June 7, 2022
Health Expo Signals Start of Temporary Road Closures
Here are some helpful navigation tips to keep in mind as you plan for race morning:
Plan Ahead — No Race-Day Shuttles
After careful consideration, we have elected to move forward without our shuttle program on race day this year. Please plan ahead on race day, leaving yourself plenty of time to park your car and make your way to the start line. Please note that Mason Street between the downtown (Monroe Street) exit and S. Baird Street will be closed in both directions from 4:30-9:30 a.m., so please note you will need to navigate north of Mason to get to the area east of the event. We are confident there will be adequate parking available for all participants.
Patients needing to access Bellin Hospital are encouraged to be mindful of the recommended detours:
Road closures for Friday, June 10, from 2 to 8 p.m. include:
• Clay Street: from Porlier Street to Eliza Street
• Porlier Street: from Clay Street to Roosevelt Street
• Eliza Street: from Clay Street to Roosevelt Street
• Roosevelt Street: from Porlier Street to Eliza Street
Road closures for Saturday, June 11, start at 4 a.m. They include:
• 4:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: East Mason Street will be closed in both directions from Roosevelt Street to Webster Avenue. Please note that this is a change from prior years. We recommend that you park north of Mason Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Clay Street from East Mason Street to Eliza Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Porlier Street from Webster Avenue to Roosevelt Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Eliza Street from Webster Avenue to Roosevelt Street
• 4 a.m.-noon: Webster Avenue from East Mason Street to Porlier Street
• 7:45 a.m.-10 a.m.: Webster Avenue from Porlier Street to Greene Avenue
• 8 a.m.-9:45 a.m.: Greene Avenue from Webster Avenue to East River Drive
• 8 a.m.-10:15 a.m.: East River Drive from Greene Avenue to St. Joseph Street
• 8 a.m.-10:15 a.m.: St. Joseph Street from East River Drive to Libal Street
• 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Libal Street and Baird Street from St. Joseph Street to Garland Street
• 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Garland Street from Baird Street to Irwin Avenue
• 8 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Irwin Avenue from Garland Street to Hastings Street
• 8 a.m.-10:45 a.m.: Hastings Street from Baird Street to S. Clay Street
• 8 a.m.-11 a.m.: S. Clay Street from Hastings Street to Eliza Street
Patients needing to access Bellin Hospital are encouraged to be mindful of these recommended detours:
From the west on Mason Street: Take the Monroe Street/Downtown exit, turn right on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
From the east on Mason Street: Turn right on S. Baird Street, turn left on Chicago Street, turn left on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street and left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
From the north on Webster Avenue: The suggested alternate route is right on Chicago Street, left on Monroe Avenue, left on Porlier Street, left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
From the south: the suggested alternate route is north on Riverside Drive/Hwy. 57/Monroe, right on Porlier Street, left on Van Buren Street to the emergency rooms.
Emergency room access to both Bellin and St. Vincent hospitals will not be hindered during the road race and related events.
Posted in: | 4 Comments
Where is the best place to park? How far do we walk to get to the race?
JEAN WONDRASH June 8, 2022 at 10:06 am
My first Bellin coming from Neenah wondering where to park, where to get off Hwy.
Mary Doverspike Jr June 9, 2022 at 8:53 am
Those asking where to get off the hwy, I would take 172 East over the river and exit Riverside DR. Head north and it will take you right into starting line. No idea where to park this year.
Mike June 10, 2022 at 9:20 am
Are you serious! Canceled the shuttle service?? Minus well cancel the whole event and do it virtual again.. why can’t you provide some information on where you expect the racers to park? Can’t believe you expect the public to walk a few miles to the start line on top of the 10k this is ridiculous. Going to be a nightmare.. very much disappointed in this decision… My father considering not doing this because of the decision to cancel this service.. like to hear why this was made.. couldn’t provide a reason? Probably COVID related.. if so.. realize we’re all standing next to each other at the start line..
Phil June 10, 2022 at 9:46 pm