Corral Smarts for a Smooth Start
June 6, 2022
With an event field that routinely welcomes thousands of participants, Bellin Run organizers have gotten good at ensuring a smooth start. The key to that effort is our corral system, which groups participants by estimated pace so those of similar speeds will run or walk together.
We have removed the Corral 1 time standard for 2022 but still promise a smooth and safe start to the Bellin Run.
Again in 2022, we’re making sure our Corral 5 folks – our awesome Bellin Run walkers – are comfortable as they wait to cross the start line.
Once again this year, we designated Corral 5 as all of Baird Place Park. This way, our walkers will spend less time on the road and in the sun and will have more access to hydration in the park before the race begins. There is no longer a separate standing corral for our walkers.
Walkers will gather in the park before the event starts, arriving no later than 7:50 a.m. After runners in corrals 1-4 move along East Mason Street, two access points will be opened to allow the walkers to the start of the chute.
Runners and walkers should be aware that there will be ample water available in Baird Place Park before the race starts. Look for our pre-race hydration stations in the center of the park.
There are a few additional corral tips for all of our participants to keep in mind:
- Arrive early! Get to your assigned start corral with plenty of time to spare. Arrive at the event no later than 7 a.m. so you have time to use the bathroom and warm up before heading to your corral.
- Make sure your race bib is visible. This will help our volunteers ensure everyone makes it into the appropriate corral.
- If you want to move, move back. Anticipating a slower pace than you initially thought? Want to run with a slower friend or relative? You’re welcome to move back a corral (e.g., from Corral 3 to Corral 4), but not forward.
- Be courteous. Our corral system does a good job of spreading out the race field, but things can still get a little crowded as 8 a.m. nears. Make sure you’re aware of your surroundings and be courteous to those around you. Be friendly and start with a smile!
Keep it cool in the corral and we’ll all have an awesome event. See you at the start line!
Posted in: Event Info | 0 Comments
- No Comments. Be the first!